I listened to the internet about HOW I should look and Here is what happened..

If any of you know me or follow me on Twitter then you are well aware that I hate being girly and one thing which I am incredibly bad at doing is putting on make-up and being in fashion. It’s not that I find anything wrong with being all girly is just that I majorly suck at it. You see, my mum was not particularly interested in make-up or clothes and I guess that rubbed on to me. However, since coming to uni and constantly being around pretty girls and having best friends which are MUA artist and I can barely just put eyeshadow on, it got me thinking how would I fit in according to the internet?

My Face Shape:

The first thing I needed to do was find out my face shape. Now I personally found it difficult to just look at a picture and think ‘oo that’s my face shape’ (even though I tried). In the end I googled ‘How to find out your face shape’ So I clicked on videos and I found out using this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MOSyD1iHz4 ) That I was a heart shape face... So what did that exactly mean? Well it turns out finding out your face shape helps determine which hairstyle suits you, how to contour your face (where to highlight and darken) and also what shape eyebrows are meant to go with your face.. What a delight.
Hairstyles included:-
o   Long Bangs to draw focus away from the chin
o   ‘The Lob’ – which should help soften the jawline
o   Deep Side Part – I’m not 100% sure why but google told me so..  And there were so many many more!
Contouring Chart:-



So as you can see for me, I would have to put the shadow around the edges of my face and highlight my chin and forehead and then blend it for the best result for my face shape.


Eyebrow Chart:



Looking at this particular chart for my eyebrows, they look like semi circles to me! So I’ll be drawing my semi circles on my heart shaped face! Jeez and to think I found all this out just by finding out my face shape! Now let’s take a look on what I have to learn and do for my eyes!

My Eye Shape:

According to vogue magazine, the way in which your eye is shaped should control the way you do your eye makeup. Now when I googled images on eye shapes I literally could not tell the difference between them all.

So youtube, (you little star) was my next bet and there were tons of videos on how to find out your eye shape but even then I got confused – so in the end I asked a friend too look and tell me what shape eye was I? Turns out I have a ‘deep set’ eyes
...
GREAT... UH SO What does that mean precisely? So after watching loads of videos (and I mean loads) I basically learnt a couple of eye makeup tips:-
1)      I need to conceal those dark circles under my eyes!
2)      Then I need to apply the lightest shade all over my eyelids – it makes my eyes look brighter and also covers the ‘deepness’ of my eyes!
3)    This one is apparently the most important – put the medium shade colour inside the corner of the eye – this draws attention to my eye colour and not how deep they are!
4)      And then on the outside corners apply a dark colour.
5)      Oh if my eyebrows aren’t on my ‘A’ game then doing my eye makeup is pointless- thank god I found out how to do this along with my face shape – crisis averted
6)      Eyeliner – apparently overloading my eyes with it will make them look small, so the best thing to do is apply a thin amount and then slightly thicken on the outer corner and to also apply it on the waterline to make it really pop!
7)      Never ever ever ever darken the crease
8)      Draw attention somewhere else – such as your lips!
9)      False eyelashes are basically essential to carrying on with the day – unless if you’re unlike me and have naturally long eyelashes which putting mascara on them makes them look amazing!
10)   Lastly, apply light bright colours.

So here’s a picture of my face with my fatal attempt of styling my hair, eyebrows and contouring for a heart shaped face and also an attemption of the right makeup according to the ‘experts’:
Contour: Collection 
Hair: flicking in towards my hair 'not to emphasis my jawline'
Eyes: Thin Eyeliner, Mascara and Light Eyeshadow - Red lips to draw attention away from eyes


My Body Shape:


So the next and last thing I could be bothered to learn was about my body shape. So using the body shape calculator, I learned that I was a ‘pear’ shaped girl which means that my hips are bigger than my bust.
 So, being the amazing researcher I am..Once again I found out how I am supposed to dress according to my shape. According to ‘Shopyoutshape’ I should try and create the illusion that I have a bigger (upper waist) and to make it look like I have a smaller..bottom half shall I say? That way I can balance my body out to fit the ‘perfect body’ stereotype.

Top tips for how Pear shaped women should dress include:-
  •   Wear tops with fitted wasted
  •   Bright colours and Bold Pattern tops
  •   Dark colours on bottoms
  •   Avoid bold trousers or skirts – stick to plane
  •   V or U neck tops
  •   Straight Jeans or A-Line Skirts
  •   Off the shoulder tops


And then here is my attempt-ion of me conforming to the internet’s advice: 

So here:bright colour top which is tight in waist and off the shoulder and a dark skirt. 




I really hope this has helped any girl to find the best way for you.

No comments