Dealing With A Break Up? πŸ’” What Not To Do...

Am I an idiot who picks big giant losers? I thought he/she was different’
  In a time of your life (if you haven’t already) you will go through a break up. Especially now after results day a lot of relationships tend to crumble! Whether it’s with your friend or a partner it will one day happen. I won’t lie, it’s painful. And in all honesty; no matter how many times you go through it. It doesn’t get better but you do develop a tougher skin for it.

My first break up with a boyfriend happened when I was sixteen. I’d been with him since I was fourteen and loosing someone after spending two years with them was difficult and There were so many mixed emotions.

Looking back at the whole situation, I cringe a lot.  As I got older I realise how silly the whole thing was. But at the time I was hurting and did somethings… which were embarrassing. Some of these things have been done to me and even though it appears I’m aiming my post at younger girls. I’m really not. It shocks me that I see 30 year old's on my Facebook doing the same things I was when I was 16 and in my head; I mentally slap them. But we all do stupid things when we are hurting.

So further ado, here are some hints and tips that I recommend that you do not do: 


T I P  O N E: D O N ‘ T  D E L E T E  P H O T O ‘ S

Look at the fringes! 

You may think ‘WHAT?’. All you may feel is that you want to have a social cleanse of them out of your life. Even if this is the case now. This person (may it have only been a month or three years) was at one time important to you. No matter what they have done to you, you do share good memorise with them as well as bad. Trust me, the way I looked at fourteen was horrendous but I do wish I could look back at myself and be like ‘Aww look at 14-year-old me, so in love so silly’ and chuckle to myself. But at last, I never kept photos and deleted them.

 
T I P  T W O: D O N ‘T  T W E E T  S T U F F

I was feisty

When my time hop notification pops up on my phone I automatically cringe. I see arguments, I see those ‘heartbroken’ statuses that I did. I just want to hide in embarrassment that I actually felt the need to share my problems with social media. Especially at the time, I had over 1,000 followers reading arguments and people at school probably reading them and laughing at me. Something so private shouldn’t have been so public.


T I P  T H R E E: D O N ‘ T  S P A M

I just go to know

I can admit that I have done this and it has been done to me several times and it’s borderline stalking. Your so confused why this person that you cared about could actually walk out of your life and not care how you feel. All you want to do is talk and get some answers but god damn it they are not answering your messages! And right now you don’t care if they are in work or are busy.. You need to know! Don’t do this. You are wasting your time, Majority of the time people just leave without explaining things but you will honestly realise it’s for the better.

T I P  F O U R: D E L E T E  N U M B E R

Click it.

One of the worst things you can do at 3 am is call them up drunk and shouting/crying down the phone telling them you love them but you hate them. You end up waking up in the morning with this churning feeling in your stomach and praying to God that you did not just do that (But oh you did). You’ll end up just putting your head in to your pillow out of frustration and you also let your ex know that they still have power over you.


T I P  F I V E : D O N ‘ T  F A C E B O O K  S H I T

*Cringe*

One of the most cringiest and embarrassing things I have done is writing status in 2011 saying how shit I felt and with people commenting ‘are u k bbe?’ and my replies are there like ‘no :/ :/ :/’. I just want to slap myself profusely. Not only did I open up my problems to 2,000 facebook friends (Including, my ex partner’s family and my family) also future employers will one day see it. And let’s just say, some status made me seem rather mentally unstable and it also opened up arguments with my ex’s so the whole facebook world could read them/laugh at them and judge them.


T I P  S I X : P U T  T H A T  C O L O U R  B O T T L E    D O W N

So many colours

Me and my friend we’re discussing this the other day... No matter how old you get, you will do something crazy with your appearance just to change something about yourself. I can’t get over how many hair colours I have previously gone to ‘reinvent myself’ or piercings. Then in the long run, I spend a lot of money trying to get back my natural hair colour. My advice, just buy some new outfits!


T I P  S E V E N : D O N ' T E X P E C T  I T  T O  'J U S T'  H A P P E N



I agree that getting over a loss over a relationship whether it’s a friendship or a relationship. Time does heal all wounds. But you’ve got to put work in too. Spend time with family and friends. Make that extra effort with people. The worst thing you can do is sit around moaning 24/7 and not doing anything about it. It doesn’t just ‘go away’. 

No comments