Goals For 2017

Happy New Year My Lovelies! I really hope that you all have a great time getting rid of 2016 – I know I did. I spent New Year’s Eve playing board games whilst drinking alcohol whilst staring at some stranger’s cat and stealing their food. Even though it was really fun, if you had told me two years ago I would of spent New Year’s Eve playing board games with a bunch of people I didn’t know, I would have laughed in your face, so it just goes to show how people can change over time.

I’m not one for ‘resolutions’. Mostly because I think they restrict when you can change and I think it’s important to realise that we are always changing. However, Goals! – Goals I am 100% on board with. So here is what I’m hoping to achieve in 2017.

G O A L  O N E: G R A D U A T E !

I’m currently in my third year at UWE and even though I’ve been pleased with my grades so far you don’t know what’s around the corner. Hopefully, 2017 is the year where I graduate my degree in Psychology with Sociology.


G O A L  T W O: S A V E M O N E Y

First year, I was disadvantaged as my student loan did not cover every cost (bills, rent etc.) that when I was working I was paying them with the money I earned. Now hopefully, I can start saving my money and actually start preparing for adulthood (ish)

G O A L  T H R E E : D R I V I N G

Before moving away for uni, I decided that going on holiday was a better experience than learning how to drive. Which, I defiantly don’t regret as majority of my friends who could drive and moved away for uni didn’t use their car that much and ended up selling it. But once I graduate, hopefully I will start learning how to drive and who knows maybe I’ll pass but I wouldn’t hold my breath on it!

G O A L  F O U R: B A N D S  & F E S T I V A L S 

In 2014, I made it a goal that I would make it a year to remember by seeing more live music and just having a good time, I completed this mission. Throughout the years, I’ve forgotten to keep doing so. In 2016, the only two bands I saw live were Biffy Clyro and The Hunna and I guess I think 2014 me would slap me in the face if that was it. I have never, ever ever ever attended a festival and people who meet me are like (whaaaaat?) but hopefully this year, it will change.

G O A L  F I V E:  W A T C H  T H E  M A R V E L  T V  A N D  F I L M S  I N  O R D E R

I cannot stand watching things out of chronological logical order, I hate trying to figure shit out. So this is why I’m happy some random person on the internet made this chart and throughout the year of 2017 I will watch it in this way. You might think why? I’m not really a big fan of comic books but there again I’ve never actually sat and read them but the marvel TV shows and films that I have watched I’ve always really enjoyed but then my friends will say and this one connects to this one because of reason X and Y and I’m sat there like um… 


G O A L  S I X: V O L U N T E E R

Starting uni when I was 18 was an eye-opener. A-lot of people on my course were mature students and they’ve already went a year abroad and volunteered and sounds like they did some incredible things as where I was like ‘yeah, last year I was doing my A-Levels and this year I’m here’ and even though there is nothing wrong with that at all. I feel that, I want to spend some time out volunteering and getting experience in the field which I want to do.

G O A L  S E V E N: D R I N K  M O R  E  W A T E R

Before uni, water is all that I would drink in the house. But eh, there is something wrong with Bristol tap water that I just avoid drinking it – well no more. That needs to stop. I’m sure everyone knows how amazing water is for you and I just need to attempt to drink at least half of what is recommended!

G O A L  E I G H T: S O C A L I S E  M O R E

Recently, I feel so busy that I just don’t spend time with my friends or family or as much time as I would like. Hopefully, this summer that will change. And we will plan things and do stuff but we will see!



So, is anyone setting any goals for 2017 and if so what kind of things? What are you trying to hope to achieve this year? xo

No comments