What did I do Monday Night?

My teacher once said that we as human beings post photos of exciting things that we do on social media because we want to appear like we have exciting lives. We don’t capture the mundane things in life.
Why would we want too? My Monday nights would usually consist of doing university work, watching Netflix and eating chocolate (probably what I will be doing next week) but last night, I went to see ‘The Hunna’ (HUN-na).

Honestly, I don’t do anything exhilarating and the last time I went to a gig before this was 18 months ago which I’m pretty sure 15-year-old Hannah would be very  disappointed with…

So I thought why not blog about it? I’m no musical expert, I have no idea what an ‘Accelerando’ is or what ‘Allego’ means so I couldn’t explain why ‘The Hunna’ is pleasing to hear and Why they are addictive. 

Previously. I actually read an article the other day about how some random person was suspicious about 'The Hunna' being a cult because of  how rapid they became popular...

 I mean seriously who are they and how have they become such a sensation in such a fast amount of time?

 With such little amount of songs out there?

How are they that good?


I mean, Their fan based grew increasingly after they toured with the ‘Coasts’ and now they are taking over Spotify(that has to be suspicious right?

 So how have they done this?

 Oh I don’t know, maybe by hard work?

 Maybe by having good promotional team?

And just maybe it’s because their music is that damn good?

 …#
Who knows?

But it’s safe to say that the Hunna isn’t a cult.

(I hope)

So who are the Hunna?

Some of you may be reading this and thinking ‘That’s all great and all but who the bloody hell are they?’. Well the Hunna are a four-piece indie rock band who was formed by Ryan Potter (Lead Vocals and Guitar) and Daniel Dorney (Lead Guitarist). With then Jack Metcalfe who is a ‘monster of a drummer’ and Jermaine Angin who plays on Bass. According to other bloggers, they are extremely humble and friendly.  If you haven’t listened to them already, then you should because Potter’s husky voice is enough to get you addicted.


The Venue:

So I went to see ‘The Hunna’ at Thekla in Bristol. (Those of you who are reading this and live in Bristol and are a student have not been to Thekla before on a Thursday, what are you doing? What is your life? Buy One Get One Free on Drinks and not to mention that they actually play good music). Thekla is a cargo ship which is just chilling by the Harbour although once your inside you don’t actually realise it’s a ship until you end out in the smoking area. There are usually two different rooms you can go too ‘the upstairs’ and ‘the down stairs’ however It’s pretty dark inside but the sound is incredible, but my ears wasn't ringing that much after the gig which is always a positive thing.
You get a stamp when you are 18+ even though the bartender probs thought I was 14


What I wore:

Anyone who has been in a crowd knows how hot and sweaty it gets; wearing simple jeans would have just been too hot. So I wore my ‘Keya Cami Cross Over Dress’ from Boutique of Molly. And  of course I paired them with converses, you have to wear comfortable shoes! However, this dress was the last one but if you click on the link and use the Code HANN20 then you will get 20% off any item….
and that's pretty cool...
It was the last one (sorry-ish) but who says you can't rock a dress at a gig eh?


The Crowd:

Have you ever been to a gig/show where people are just standing there bored shitless or just bobbing their heads slightly and you are just standing there like ‘uhhh’? Well sorry to disappoint you but this didn’t happen at the Hunna.
 Everyone and I mean literally everyone was so in to it, it just made the atmosphere amazing.
 The crowd’s reaction was immense, from jumping around to everyone getting their phones out to use as lights as torches.
What was pleasing to see was how much the band were loving the audience’s reaction; even though they must have been knackered it was like everyone who was jumping around and singing along with them made them feel like they needed to keep going.
It was the fuel they needed to satisfy their hunger.
It was such an intense feeling being in the crowd when everyone you were surrounded by knew all the lyrics to each song and you could tell that some of the lyrics hit home for some people.
 At one point, Ryan Potter wore one of his fans hat, he took it right off him and owned it!
 It was truly a spiritual feeling when each fan would sing and dance to a song. When 'She's Casual' came on, most girls sat on some guys shoulders being swayed along (sadly not me) but it was nice to be a part of a crowd which we're not dicks and was considerate of other people.
  And what was so amazing was at the end, the Hunna actually wanted to hangout with fans; they offered to smoke and chill (trust me if I didn't have to have get up at 7 am that morning I would of happily have done that) and just wanted to let their fans know that they appreciated them, which you don't really see that now!

So overall, everyone should go see the Hunna or at least listen to them.



No comments